Monday, August 10, 2009

volunteering

I recently discovered that I am.. living a quarter-life crisis.

No longer a college kid, but not yet the devoted nine-to-fiver, I feel an empty void of what once was a mission in my life (ie. finish school! good grades! party all day and night! heh heh)

SO... my life makeover begins:

1. Continue to use and abuse my contacts in the process of begging for full time jobs
2. WORK MY FAT ASS OUT!!!! i love food too much to let my body constrict me from this activity...
3. Volunteer

I recently corresponded with the kind people at the Community Nutrition Network and Senior Services Association in the Chicagoland Area. I have a great passion and heart for their mission. I'm not sure where to volunteer yet, but want to keep dabbling my feet in the water and see how things go. Preferably I want to volunteer for a hunger prevention organization on Saturday mornings? I love the Chicago Food Depository, but locale is a bit of a stretch for me. (I know.. although I'm trying to turn over a new leaf... i'm still selfish me. )

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com