Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chicago FOOD

While Chicagoans may not be the thinnest, prettiest or model-esque of people, we know food. We like food. We try new foods. We are not afraid to let our belt buckles loose and stomachs free to eat food.

Chicago (-land) has some of the most unique restaurants one can think of, and although I've been living in this wonderful city for approximately four years, there are so many more to try!

In preparation of a "date" I have tonight, I have been asked to pick out the restaurant (because my big mouth pretended to be a food and wine connoisseur... much like this entire blog). We decided to meet in Lakeview, a neutral location for both of us northsiders.

I never realized how many cute/quaint (in the best possible way!) restaurants there are in the Lakeview area! Here are a few I have come across.

I blog in hopes that I will hit up all these spots in the near future!

A couple of my choices for the evening:

ZAD Restaurant

3112 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL
I'm excited to try their shwarma and moroccan mint tea!!!
I haven't had mint tea since my short time in Morocco!


Home Bistro, Chicago

3404 N. Halstead
Chicago, IL
I've read and heard too many good things about this place!
I want to try the Baked Grouper Nicoise~


Sapori Trattortia

2701 N. Halsted St
Chicago, IL
The website is more than outdated, but who can hold that against a place with amazing risotti reviews?


Manchu Pichu Restaurant


3856 N. Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL
Ceviche de Camarones sounds amazing!


Casbah Cafe
3151 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL
I miss Moroccan food so much!
Yelpers gave this place a good review. ALWAYS a good sign!


NEW ON THE SCENE
Istanbul Restaurant


3613 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL
droooooool.... no other words needed.

... is it bad that i'm more excited about the food than the date?


0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com