Thursday, August 20, 2009

Paper Hearts

me! in the CITY OF LOVE, Paris <3>


Last night, I went to see the documentary "Paper Hearts" with actress/comedian Charlyne Yi (and Michael Cera). Such an adorable movie! I loved hearing all those endearing people-stories and how there are so many variations and forms of love!

The basis of the movie is that Charlyne doesn't know if it's possible for her to love. Sometimes I wonder if we all feel that way. How does one KNOW if you're in love? There's the love you have for your family (sometimes to be confused with annoyance) the love you have for your friends (feels like a big bear hug being around them) there's lust (we all know this one...) but.. love?

For me, a straight human girl, it appears it's assumed that I am to find a boy that makes me want to scream for happiness from the rooftops, jump for joy etc etc etc....

As I watched the film, I felt like my heart was breaking along side her. She said "I don't know if I'm in love" and I really did feel like my heart was breaking right alongside hers and Michael's.

I guess I won't know until I know... right? How vague... and ridiculous. I think I might have been in love before, but it's been so long I don't even remember what THAT felt like and if that was indeed.... love.

How complicated.

--update--
Is THIS love???

"A New Zealand man who promised his wife he would find his wedding ring after it fell into the capital's murky harbor has succeeded - 16 months later..."


0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com