Monday, December 14, 2009

Being COMPLETLY Honest

hmm....
So I'm considering turning VEGETARIAN in the year 2010. Growing up as a beef-loving Korean who's world consisted of many different variations of marinated beefs... this is hard.  Here is my reasoning for moving over to the green side:

1. My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer a year ago. He's a fighter (in remission, woot!) but, reflecting on those dark moments, I think avoiding that risk of colon cancer is smart. Enough said.
2. My roommates (aka skinny bitches) are vegetarian. I don't think the switch would be too traumatic when my roommates are also living the meat-less life.
3. "The average sedentary American eats about 50% more than the recommended daily amount" aka that meat is turning into FAT!!!!
4. I barely work out.  I work out about twice a week? And about 30 minutes of the usual 90 minutes is spent lip-syncing and reading magazines while skipping along the treadmill. I know. intense. hahahaha.  I'm hoping being vegetarian will balance that out?

we shall see, we shall see.

2 comments:

style-for-style said...

don't forget, it's better for the environment.
Good Luck, whatever you decide!

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

i'm a vegetarian and i couldn't be happier. if you decide to, you'll notice you have so much more energy and you can discover so many more different kinds of food! i really have to work on getting enough protein though, so i recently reintroduced turkey, so technically i'm a "flexitarian." good luck deciding! xo

 
Template by suckmylolly.com